İngilizce‘de If Clause Type 3 nin kullanıldığı tek bir yer mevcuttur. “Dondurmayı yedim, hasta oldum” cümlesini dondurmayı yemeseydim, hasta olmazdım şeklinde ifade etmek için If Clause Type 3 kullanılır. Olay olmuştur, geçmişte kalmıştır; olmasaydı diye baslayan cümlelerinizi If Clause Type 3 ye girer. Diğer adı da unreal past condition yani gerçek olmayan geçmiş durumlar. Dondurmayı yemeseydim ifadesi söylerken geçmişte dondurmayı yemişsinizdir.
Kurulumu şöyledir :
If + PAST PERFECT + WOULD HAVE V3
- If I had eaten less ice cream; I would have been more healthy.
- Şayet daha az dondurma yeseydim, daha sağlıklı olurdum.
- (Dondurmayı yedim,daha sağlıklı degilim.)
- If we had won the World War 1, we would have been wealthier.
- Şayet 1. Dünya Savaşını kazansaydık, daha varlıklı olurduk.
- (1. Dünya Savaşını kazanamadık ve daha varlıklı değiliz.)
- If Melike had been the winner in Var Mısın Yok Musun, she would have married in a week.
- Şayet Melike Var Mısın Yok Musun’ da birinci olsaydı, bir hafta içinde evlenmiş olurdu.
- (Melike birinci olamadı ve bir hafta içinde evlenemedi.)
- If my mum had seen this bird, she would have bought it.
- Şayet annem bu kuşu görseydi, onu satıl alırdı.
- (Bu kuşu görmedi ve satın almadı.)
Gördügünüz üzere If Clause Type 3 gerçekleşmemiş geçmiş durumlar demektir. Kurulumu If + PAST PERFECT + WOULD HAVE V3 tür.
- If we hadn’t practised, we wouldn’t have won the match.
- Alıştırma yapmasaydık, maçı kazanamazdık.
- If I had been the daughter of SABANCI, I would have started a business of my own.
- Eğer SABANCI’nın kızı olsaydım, kendi işimi kurabilirdim.
- If he had met her, he would have told her.
- Geçmişte onunla tanışsa idim, ona söylerdim.
- We didn’t save any money. If we had saved some money, we might have bought the house.
- Para biriktirmedik. Eğer para biriktirseydik, ev satın alırdık.
- She wasn’t there and I wasn’t sitting next to her. But if she had been there, I would have been sitting next to her.
- Şayet O, orda olsaydı, Ben onun yanına oturuyor olurdum.
- I was looking at the trees when I fell off the bike. If I hadn’t been looking at the trees, I wouldn’ t have fallen off the bike.
- If they had not spent money,their budget would have been higher.
- Şayet onlar para harcamasydı, bütçeleri daha yuksek olurdu.
- If it had rained yesterday,would you have stayed at home?
- If it had rained yesterday,what would you have done?
- If you had told me, I would have helped you.
- Bana söyleseydin, sana yardım ederdim,ama söylemedin.
Bu örnekleri çalıştıktan sonra ünlü şarkı sözleri, ünlü kişilerin söylediği If Clause Type 3 içeren cümleleri vereceğiz. Manalarını çıkartmaya çalışın ve bir kağıda not edin. Hepsini anlayamasanız da genel fikir edinebilirsiniz ve özellikle If Clause Type 3 içeren cümlelere dikkat ediniz.
- I went on to finish high school and get a degree in Business Management, something I never would have done if I had been selfish enough to have kids. (From a woman’s educational history)
- If I had been the Virgin Mary, I would have told God that I had a headache. (a comedian’s joke)
- If I had been in Bethlehem the night of Jesus’ birth.
And heard afar the angels’ joyful song of peace on earth.
If I had seen the shepherds come to seek the baby fair.
I think I would have followed them, and knelt beside them there.
(from a religious song)
- If I had been more rational I would have carefully checked all my clamps, lines and connections. (a statement by a bungee jumper who had an accident while jumping)
- If I had been less conservative in my planning before the trip, or less experienced, I could have died in that hollow. (a statement by a camper who was glad that he packed carefully before camping outdoors in cold weather)
- I was not invited to give my opinion about the building. If I had been invited to do so, I would have declined. (an architect’s statement)
- Most of my psychological problems could have been avoided if I had been aware of trauma potential. (a news reporter’s statement about how covering war stories gave him nightmares afterwards)
- If I had been alone, I might have been in trouble. (a statement by a moose hunter who was almost attacked and killed by an angry moose)
- I am not quite certain that even if I had been sober I would have done anything differently. (a statement by an HIV-positive man who kept his status a secret from his female partner and had drunken sex with her without using a condom)
- My job was to stop runs to the basket and if that wasn¹t possible, then my job became trying to block the shot. If I had been 182cm tall instead of 173cm, my job would have been a lot easier. (a statement by a basketball player)
Oyun 1 : Conditionals konusunun tamamını bir arada görmek ve oyununu oynamak için Kim Beş Yüz Milyar İster oyununa tıklayınız
Oyun 2 : Tüm Conditionals konusunu kapsayan ek bir oyun oynamak isterseniz aşağıdaki dosyayı (PDF doküman) indiriniz.
PDF Doküman: Conditional Board Game